Tuesday, June 16, 2020

You Say It First by Katie Cotugno

You Say It FirstYou Say It First by Katie Cotugno
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Well, there was that.

As I sit here dumbfounded, I can’t help but reminisce about my first Katie Cotugno experience, 99 Days. Because after that masterpiece, I didn’t believe (though I really tried to) that she could do it again. But she did, and the giddiness I’ve been feeling since I first cracked this book open is proof.

I mean what is not to like about a couple of teenagers, total opposites in so many ways, coming together to realize their differences could make them better. I felt this book was important in so many levels. It’s about a lot of the current issues in the world: feminism, sexism, politics, depression, suicide, and so many feelings that keep our brains reeling. It explored both sides of every coin without being preachy, for all the Megs and the Colbys out there (and the ones like me, that alternate between both).

And like the mastermind that she is, Katie Cotugno managed to develop a nail-bitting, heart-racing romance in between all of that. The story is deliciously intricate, with twists and turns galore, so much so that I was glued to the pages from start to finish without stopping. And when I did, because the book ended, all I wanted to do was groan and ask for more.

I can’t wait for all of you to dig in and discover it for yourselves. Meanwhile I am going to be ordering a couple of copies for my shelves.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your beautiful face!