Sunday, December 18, 2011

Review: Happy Birthday To Me by Brian Rowe

Title: Happy Birthday To Me
Author: Brian Rowe
Published April 7th 2011
Goodreads | Amazon
_________________________________


Happy Birthday To Me is a paranormal/sci-fi cross, I think. It's about a seventeen-year old who is aging a whole year of his life with each passing day.

I found that concept very interesting, and sometimes amusing. You see, this book is written in male point of view, Cameron's, who is the typical high school popular boy, with a beautiful girldfriend, with a beautiful face himself and an incredible flawless body.

It's hereditary, because his father is a plastic surgeon who thinks the most important thing in life is looking good. So it's no surprise that his son Cameron was a close-minded jerk that I wanted to kick constantly. That's exactly what got him in this mess in the first place, I won't spoil that, but let's just say that he won't be lying about his birthday anymore (I hope).

So anyway, Cameron starts aging super fast and with it came lots of personal changing and growing, not only for him, but for anyone else that knows about his condition.

I liked that, I liked that neither him nor his dad stayed the same, they both became more open to what beauty really is, and where their true love lies. And at the end I actually liked both of them.

There were also fun moments, it's not all sad, in fact it's lighter than what I could have guessed touching a subject this heavy, but it never gets too serious, in fact there was a lot more vomiting that I would have liked :/ haha

The ending is expected but satisfying and the romance was a bit underdeveloped, I would have liked to see more of what made Liesel fall in love with Cameron, and see what's ahead for their relationship, but I guess that's what book 2 and 3 are for :)

This book is part of a trilogy, you can find Book 2 and Book 3 clicking on the links.


2 comments:

  1. Hey i loved your review...the book kinda reminds me of beastly...

    come check out my blog at bookreaper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one reminds me of Beastly also!

    ReplyDelete

I love your beautiful face!