Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Rules For Being A Girl by Candace Bushnell

Rules for Being a GirlRules for Being a Girl by Candace Bushnell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved it. Review closer to pub date.
__________________________

Rules for Being a Girl

I had high hopes when I first started this book, I mean the premise sounds intriguing enough: a girl whose teacher tries to take advantage of her and the aftermath of no one believing her, it’s relevant and it’s true and it’s happening. I was hooked.

I can tell you this book did not disappoint. It met my expectations and then some. Marin, our girl, was one of the most intensively relatable girls I have ever read my while life. I suffered and rejoiced along her throughout. Mostly I just wished this book had been around when I was seventeen.

The novel is not only gorgeously written and hugely captivating—it’s a painful reality we girls recognize. I thought every plot point was managed masterfully and taught a great lesson about empowering oneself but also learning that there are people out there who get it, and people who will fight along us to make things better for the girls of the future.

A story not to be missed.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your beautiful face!