Friday, April 10, 2020

You Deserve Each Other by Sarah Hogle

You Deserve Each OtherYou Deserve Each Other by Sarah Hogle
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was very excited to dig into You Deserve Each Other, so much so that I preordered it even though I haven’t read anything by Sarah Ogle before. But with all those blurbs, can you even blame me? I mean they make the book sound like a real fun ride. So I was like, Duh! Sign me up.

And I mean I liked it. I think the author did a great job of telling a story, and honestly, by the end of the book the love between Nicholas and Naomi was basically palpable, sweet and bursting off the pages like one of those 3D cardboards inside a kids’ book. I loved the ending.

But the first half was me pretty much cringing and feeling sorry for either or both of them (mostly Nicholas). Though I felt like Naomi had very valid reasons for her hurt feelings, I just got sick of everything being a huge misunderstanding that kept on going and going without not even a tiny amount of effort into righting wrongs. I mean I understand why this could be a good plot resource but in my opinion, it just felt endless, I was tired of it by the first quarter.

Anyway, it’s better if you form your own opinion, I have seen a great amount of reviews that seem to love this book. And maybe it’s wonderful and lovely, and maybe it is just me who wanted something happier for these uncertain times.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your beautiful face!