Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Slammed by Colleen Hoover 🍎

Slammed (Slammed, #1)Slammed by Colleen Hoover
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

It took a while for me to get through Slammed. And by a while I mean actual years (decade?). And it’s all because of its premise. No matter how tastefully you do it, I am programmed to cringe at the idea of a teacher-student relationship.

Layken and Will did not know they were about to be teacher and student when they went on a date. They were super into each other and are crushed to find out their relationship is clearly forbidden.

Now, I tried to get into this, but it was hard, I’m telling you. I mean they went on *one* date and suddenly they were everything to each other. I’ve never been a fan of instalove and this book didn’t convert me.

The rest of the book didn’t do much for me either. The conflict was so over the too and the drama was plenty, but always very convenient to the story. Parts of the book felt like they were there only to fill in pages and didn’t feel creative.

But what I did love. And I love it a lot, was the poetry. Man, there were some brilliant poems in here. And Mr. Cooper the poetry teacher was amazing too. One of my favorite high-school subjects was poetry and I am sure that if I had a teacher as passionate as him, I would have loved it even more.

So while I do not regret reading this, I don’t think I’ll find it in me to continue with the series (though if any of you want to spoil me in the comments I will read them heehee).

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your beautiful face!