Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday: Spies & Prejudice by Talia Vance

WoW is weekly meme created by Jill at Breaking The Spine in which bloggers can share books they're excited to get soon :)


Title: Spies & Prejudice
Author: Talia Vance
Expected publication: 2013 by Egmont
 Goodreads



Spies & Prejudice

Fields’ Rule #1: Don’t fall for the enemy.

Berry Fields is not looking for a boyfriend. She’s busy trailing cheaters and liars in her job as a private investigator, collecting evidence of the affairs she’s sure all men commit. And thanks to a pepper spray incident during an eighth grade game of spin the bottle, the guys at her school are not exactly lining up to date her, either.

So when arrogant—and gorgeous—Tanner Halston rolls into town and calls her “nothing amazing,” it’s no loss for Berry. She’ll forget him in no time. She’s more concerned with the questions surfacing about her mother’s death.

But why does Tanner seem to pop up everywhere in her investigation, always getting in her way? Is he trying to stop her from discovering the truth, or protecting her from an unknown threat? And why can’t Berry remember to hate him when he looks into her eyes?

With a playful nod to Jane Austen, Spies and Prejudice will captivate readers as love and espionage collide.




Hello, ghost readers and usual commentors, how are you guys doin'?

I'm sorry for my lack of posting these past weeks, I've been busy being the resident's slave saving lives and to top it off my wireless died yesterday ):

but as always, YA books make me happy and as I was scrolling down my booklist I remembered this book and OMG! I've forgotten how good it sounds! it's kind of a P&P retelling, but I don't care! it sounds too amazing to pass! lots of tension between our MCs and I really like the cover, the girl with the coat and the umbrella she looks like a serious spy cliché and I happen to love that!

Tanner Halston: Oh dude, I already like you because you sound like you're trouble and that is Serious Hotness. 


Berry Fields: channeling my inner Tyra Banks: girl sounds...

!

 She does! anyone who pepper sprays guys in the 8th grade during spin-bottle is my hero.

2 comments:

  1. Love the sound of this-you spotlight the coolest books in your WoW posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds so awesome! This is the first I've heard of it, but it just looks like it'll be made of win! Thanks for sharing :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

I love your beautiful face!