Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Review: Crash Into You by Katie McGarry

Title: Crash Into You
Author: Katie McGarry
Publication: November 26th 2013 by Harlequin Teen
Goodreads | Amazon

_________________________________


I know I haven’t been the most forgiving reviewer on this book’s past sister novels. But nevertheless, I find it really sad that the series is ending and that this might be the last we see of these characters. However, I loved that Crash Into You was the book chosen to wrap things up because to me it was the best of the series.

Seriously, as I read along, I found it hard not to invest myself in the story. Isaiah might not have had my attention back in Pushing The Limits or Dare You To but he completely won me over when telling his story. He’s got a tough exterior and might seem scary or threatening but he is one sweet boy on the inside. I liked that he was loyal and strong and at the same time really vulnerable too.

Then we had Rachel, who suffers panic attacks and I don’t know if it is because I’m currently taking Psychiatry or because I’m naturally so empathetic (and apparently, humble too) but my heart immediately warmed for her story. I can see why she developed her disorder and I was seriously mad at her family for treating her that way.

But then, Rachel also pissed me off sometimes. Like, why couldn’t she figure out a way to get the money? Why did she have to let poor Isaiah carry the entire burden even though he practically lives in the streets and has nothing?! And then she goes questioning his love for her. However, I ended up giving her a pass ‘cause she isn’t the most reliable mind in the ward so to speak.

But then Isaiah was wonderful and it lightened up the whole book for me. He is strong-minded and loyal and caring even though he grew up being the “weakest” link in the chain. But now he’s out there making the world a faster place and my heart thanks him for that. That’s the magic you guys, that even though tattoos, shaved heads and earrings on guys don’t do it for me, Katie McGarry made me fall for one guy that features all those three.

Sincerely, I can say that of all the books in the series, this is the one that did it for me more tan the others, but I still would recommend the whole series.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your beautiful face!