Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Books Are Vital Presents: Melannie's Top Ten Reads of 2013

My friends, 2013 is almost over. Just a few hours left of this year but a lot of things to keep in mind forever. Like Nelson Mandela and Margaret Thatcher's lives, and Malala's story, and the kindness of countless volunteers in the many natural disasters that strike our world each year.

And of course it's impossible to not mention the many awesome film versions of our favorite Young Adult books:
-Catching Fire
-The Book Thief
-Beautiful Creatures
-The Mortal Instruments
-Ender's Game
-The Spectacular Now
And more I am sure I am forgetting because I'm typing this on a car and haven't gotten any sleep in the last 24 hours...

But let's start 2014 with positiveness and count down our favorite books of 2013 
(let's just count the ones we did finish reading okay?)





I really liked the whole FBI's witness protection program and the surprising chill factor this book had.



Like pretty much everybody else on the planet, I loved E&P. They were different from the cookie-cutter YA characters and still the same as you and me. Engaging story line too.



This was my first (complete) read of a Simone Elkeles book and I loved it. It was entertaining and the characters were funny and likable. And a little bit of Friday Night Lights essence is always welcomed.



I am a sucker for all things country and bluegrass music and string instruments and Jennifer Echols. She didn't disappoint with her YA drama this year.



6. Stung
It was a very awesome surprise to read this one, because I usually don't like Dystopian books. It was awesome and action-packed and a little bit terrifying in nature so naturally, I enjoyed it a lot.



Courage. The characters of this book have a lot of courage. And it is about friends and surviving and courage and I just get teary-eyed thinking about it. Hug (and read) this book if you can.



I am absolutely in love with this series. And my favorite characters were back with a bang this year. This book was the most emotional of them all and I appreciated it, Kat and Hale made me cry in this one, which is a huge deal.



3. Winger
I read this book twice this year. Huge deal, too. I am amazed about how much I love this book about a fourteen year old boy. The story is completely awesome and hilarious until it is not.



If you haven't figured it out, I freaking love Contemporary YA and this year my goddess is Kasie West, she wrote this awesome book that  absolutely loved and have placed in my most-prized book shelf.




I absolutely loved this book. I loved it so much and it isn't even contemporary but it completely stole my heart. Because it is non-stop action combined with feeling of all kinds plus an intricate story line and amazing characters that I wish were my friends. Kudos again, Ms. West.






So there you go, these are my top ten reads of 2013, now tell me yours in the comments! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your beautiful face!