Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Review: Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins

Title: Rebel Belle
Author: Rachel Hawkins
Published April 8th 2014 by Putnam Juvenile
Genre: YA paranormal
Goodreads | Amazon | Buy The Book Now at The Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide
_____________________________________

Well, well well.

In the sense of being a little bit decent after the review I am going to give I have rounded up the rating to 3 stars.

So I don't want to say. I didn't like this book because the characters weren't funny enough, and actually, Harper and David as a couple were adorable but I am kind of disappointed still. I know because I've read Hex Hall, Ms. Hawkins first book, and I know how awesome of a story she can provide and this time I just think it fell flat.

The premise of the book isn't that strong to begin with and the whole story of Paladins and Oracles and Mages just didn't really make a lot of sense to me. I think it was weak and not very interesting. And some times even, dare I say it, boring. I really wanted to get into it but it was hard to get into the fighting scenes between people I didn't even know were good or evil, and I just got tired.

But I liked David and his sense of style. And even though Harper would be too shallow to be my bestie, she wasn't so bad. And I liked the whole haters-to-lovers storyline.

And by the way, DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY DAVID CALLS HARPER 'PRES'? I think I missed it and I'm too lazy to go back and look for it ):
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. That's too bad that the book disappointed you on some fronts. This book is actually being sent to me right now, so hopefully I like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I hope you like it! Most of all I felt like it was weak because a lot was left for the rest of the book in the series and not much happened here :/

      Delete

I love your beautiful face!