Friday, January 30, 2015

Review: Beware The Wild by Natalie C. Parker


Title: Beware The Wild 
Author: Natalie C. Parker
Published October 21st 2014 by HarperTeen
YA Paranormal
Goodreads | Amazon

 It was a pleasant surprise to crack this book open and discover one of the best paranormal stories I’ve read this year. The plot-summary was enough to grab my attention, but I never expected this kind of emotional pull.
I liked that the story revolved, most of all, in the relationship between siblings. I really enjoyed reading how much Sterling and her brother Phin cared for each other, it was impossible not to feel a strong pull at your heartstrings every time one of their stories surfaced. I loved Sterling, she was such a strong heroine but fragile enough to be realistic, I loved to see her mature throughout the course of the book.
The whole swamp aspect was mind blowing. I love swamps, my brother and I are obsessed with the wildlife of the Everglades so it hit close to home to see the swamp so vividly come to life before my eyes. Especially having that connection between siblings too. All the extra points go to the autor for creating such a vivid setting. It's exactly like you were there. The stories about the swamp were haunting and creepy and you couldn’t help but be absolutely immersed within the folklore of it all.

Absolutely hit it out of the park. A story like I haven't read before. Completely unputdownable!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your beautiful face!