Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Review. The Shadow Queen (Ravenspire #1) by C.J. Redwine


Title. The Shadow Queen (Ravenspire #1) Author. C.J. RedwineExpected publication: February 16th 2016 by Balzer + Bray[ goodreads ]  [ amazon ]________________________________



Though fantasy is not my thing, The Shadow Queen proved what I've always known but sometimes need a reminder of, a good book is always entertaining, no matter the genre. And The Shadow Queen definitely was.

I loved the story. Yeah, I know it's supposed to be a retelling of Snow White but what I liked about it was that it was also original and unexpected. I swear I wasn't reading the same story I knew as a kid, even though I was, it was new.

The author added a lot of new layers to the story, like our MC possessing magic just like the wicked witch. And our hero being half dragon, which absolutely rocked.

The characters were awesome. Each of them have all the qualities a good character should have, honest and awesome. I loved everyone, even the annoying wicked witch, she was very well crafted to make you believe she wasn't just evil, but misunderstood and angry. It all made sense.

The world building was very good, I could paint a perfect picture of the setting. It added a lot to the sense of Magic the whole story transmitted. And I would honestly think (even if I am no way an authority in Fantasy) that the Shadow Queen is going to be a hit this year.




ps. How awesome is the author's last name?

pps. I'm not sure about it being a series, I thought it ended perfectly! No cliffhanger, no need to take it somewhere else, but well let's see.

2 comments:

  1. From what I know I think the Ravenspire series will comprise of standalone books revolving around the land and re-tellings. I loved The Shadow Queen too and i definitely loved the twists & turns the author put in but i also didn't really love it that much like you did. I loved the story but somehow it bored me a bit too.

    Great Review :)
    Aparajita @Le' Grande Codex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THAT MAKES A LOT OF SENSE.
      Thank God, because this one does not need an extra book.

      Yeah, it was not completely entertaining throughout, some parts were less exciting I totally get you.

      Delete

I love your beautiful face!