Monday, April 15, 2013

Review: The Rules by Stacey Kade

Title: The Rules (Project Paper Doll #1)
Author: Stacey Kade
Sci-Fi/Paranormal YA
Expected publication: April 23rd 2013 by Disney-Hyperion
Goodreads | Amazon
__________________________________________




It was seriously a long wait I had to go through for this book. I'm a fan of Ms Stacey Kade's Ghost and the Goth series, so my expectations were high and I was super excited to dive into this new book world she created. I was not disappointed.

The Rules is about a girl, half alien half human, that has to follow this series of rules (the name had to come from somewhere) so she people don't realize her true identity and the bad guys who are after her don't find her.

It's really not hard to sympathize with Ariane, she's just a young girl who wants a normal life but the scientists who created her somehow convinced her she's a freak. My heart got all sad for her situation even though she has awesome abilities like levitating things and stopping hearts (not with her dazzling alien looks or anything).

And then there's Zane, tall, popular Zane who no one bothers to understand. He has a pretty messed father who is kind of a huge jerk and treats Zane like garbage. I didn't exactly loved how quickly Zane fell for Ariane but when you think about how bad of a hard time he was having maybe he only needed love.

I think the book did a great job of explaining everything we needed to know about Ariane and the company that created her. However at times it got way into the technical aspect and stuff I'm not sure I cared about so it borderlined boring. But aside from that, i liked the way the layout for the series was spread and I'm really excited to see what's next for our heroes in the next books, there's a lot of unanswered questions and a lot of room for more action.
 

 

2 comments:

  1. I'm a huge fan of Ghost and the Goth as well and I was thrilled when I heard about this. It sounds really interesting and well thought-out. Great review!

    - Ellie at The Selkie Reads Stories

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to know more about the history behind the creation of Ariane-that's probably my big lingering question about this story and reason to pick up book 2 when it releases!

    ReplyDelete

I love your beautiful face!