Monday, September 17, 2018

Review: Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff

Title: Illuminae (The Illuminae Files #1)
Authors: Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
Published October 20th 2015 by Knopf Books for Young Readers
Goodreads - Amazon
__________________________________________


I have a question. 
To myself.

"Why did it take you so long to pick up this book?!"


Honestly, if I'd known what I was getting into, I would have read Illuminae a long time ago. I guess my reasoning was that it is just so massive that I figured I needed a lot of free time when I finally started it... WRONG. It was a breeze

Once you start you can't stop, and it's so action-packed and written in such an entertaining way that it never feels like a long story.

I loved it, if you can't tell by now. I loved Kady and her personality, she is going through the end of her world and you can see her vulnerability bleeding through her words, and yet, so much strength. She doesn't sit around to take a chance to grieve, instead turns to what she knows best: hacking. She was an amazing character. I had my doubts of really getting to know the characters with this format, but these authors are geniuses. 

Then we also had Ezra, who I loved too. He is the yang to Kady's ying. He's always trying to find the bright side and trying to make her laugh. He always made me laugh. He has a huge, warm heart and is basically a dreamboat.

What I really liked about this book is that it showed that in life not everything is black and white. It kept me on the edge of my seat trying to figure out what was going on all the time. From the start you think you know who the villain is, bit then turns out it was just a pawn, and then there is the real villain, but wait, no, he isn't really a villain, now that's the villain, or is it not? and basically you are kept on your toes all the time.

Can't wait to continue reading this trilogy, I hope it only gets better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your beautiful face!