Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Review: How To Break a Boy by Laurie Devore

Title: How To Break a Boy 
Author: Laurie Devore
Published January 31st 2017 by Imprint
Goodreads
_____________________________________



My last thoughts after reading How To Break A Boy are somewhat troubled. I can't decide if I loved it or hated it, but one thing is for sure, it was all around a very interesting, very eye-opening experience.

I knew this book was going to be about some mean girls, and I thought I was prepared for it: I wasn't. This book was a whole 'nother level of nastiness. It makes Regina George seem amateour.

You know how there is a common thought that when there is a car crash or an accident people can't look away from the magnetic pull of the wreckage? Well it's never been like that for me, I can't look. That's why it was so, so hard for me to watch pretty much ALL characters on such an obvious path of self-destruction. I wanted to shake everybody. But then again, it all comes down to perspective, and who knows what I would have done in their place.

At the end of the day, I really think I honestly enjoyed the book. I thought there wasn't going to be a way to make right of the whole mess the characters got themselves into but I was surprisingly satisfied with the way things ended. And I can tell you this, no matter what, this story will have you at the edge of your seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your beautiful face!