Tuesday, June 23, 2020

The Deal (Off-Campus #1) by Elle Kennedy 💋👩🏻‍🏫⛸

The Deal (Off-Campus, #1)The Deal by Elle Kennedy
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

So this is the series that started the Briar University universe I believe, which got me really excited to dive into. These guys are the OGs, after all.

And I have to say I did like it. It was fun enough but also with glimpses of seriousness that brought the book a step higher. I liked both main characters, Hannah and Garret were broadly explored as individuals and I got a pretty good idea of their strengths and insecurities before they were even a couple, which was good. But while I liked them, I wasn’t crazy for neither of them and that makes me sad :C

The side characters, though, were all pretty meh. While I do know that they are going to be explored further in the next books, they were too many of them and there was too little about them for me to care.

I recently read The Chase, which is the first book in the spin-off, and thought that one felt a lot faster and funnier, but maybe it is because this one deals with pretty heavy topics that it felt a lot more somber.

I also think it dragged on some. It could have ended a few chapters before it did and it would have been better. But over all I did not regret it, and I plan on reading the rest of the books eventually. Especially because my friend is really vouching for them. Here’s hoping!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your beautiful face!