Thursday, December 1, 2022

Review: The Last Encore by Elodie Colliard

The Last EncoreThe Last Encore by Elodie Colliard
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

ARGH.

I really hate to write reviews about books I did not enjoy but I really have to because I promised Netgalley that I would. Here we go:

This is about Avery and Josh who were best friends in high school and then something happened and then they got separated and Josh left to Europe and Audrey stayed in Canada being sad.

The thing is that there wasn't any plot to it, most of the book was just Avery SAYING things. Her talking about how she and Josh were best friends but never like any indications of their friendship except her SAYING they were, and then Avery talking about her clothes and her body and her cat but never really anything going on.

I also kind of hated the ++++TRIGGER WARNING ALERT FOR SENSITIIVE CONTENT++++ use of a sexual assault in the book context. I really felt like it was there just for dramatic purposes. Like I know it's an important topic but to me it just felt like it was written for there to be an acceptable enough reason for things to fall apart like that. I don't know.

And in the end I just really felt like the book kind of was a little too fanfic? Anyway, try it for yourself and like always, don't let me be in the way of you and the books you are excited about.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your beautiful face!