Thursday, August 4, 2011

Follow Friday [3]

 
It's that time of the week we all love... Follow Friday!
a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison at Alison Can Read (:
 
 
This week's question:
 
Q. Talk about the book that most changed or influenced your life (was it a book that turned you from an average to avid reader, did it help you deal with a particularly difficult situation, does it bring you comfort every time you read it?).
 
 
A book that changed my life (and still does it) is of course The Bible.
 
And a book that influenced me,
well that would be The Mediator series by Meg Cabot.
Before I read that series, I read a lot of books BUT when I read the Mediator, I fell in love with books.
 
It opened my eyes to this world called Young Adult literature. I didn't know teenagers could be so cool, and that someone might go through the same stuff as me. I was a goner, those books changed my perception of life. I re-read them all the time.
 
 I particularly remember when the swine flu chaos started...
I was in Mexico at the time (where it was supposed to had originated) so the goverment made everyone stay at home for a week, trying to stop the virus from spreading,
I remember staying in my room all the time, reading those books and thinking "well, if I'm gonna die, at least I'll go happy" (:
 


I even had some dreams where I was kissing Jesse



(Major Character aka HOTTEST MAN NOT ALIVE) and in my dreams we were wearing surgical masks, kinda like this:


19 comments:

  1. Omg, I love kissing with masks. So cute! I haven't read any of these before though. I might have to go look these up.
    Here is my FF:
    http://literaryjunkie11.blogspot.com/2011/08/follow-friday-13.html
    Happy Friday!!
    New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omigosh I loved the Mediator series by Meg Cabot!!! I can see why it would have gotten you into reading!

    New follower. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have an adorable blog. :) I haven't read that series by her. actually I haven't read any of her books yet, but I do have the beginning to the series which I think is Vanished (the bind up)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't know The Mediator series, gonna have to check it out.

    Here's mine: http://www.stuckinbooks.com/2011/08/follow-friday-8511.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read The Mediator series, but it is probably the only complete series my library has, so I'll have to try it out someday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower! Here's my FF: http://thoughtsatoneinthemorning.blogspot.com/2011/08/follow-friday-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Meg Cabot and of course you can never go wrong with the Bible!

    Old follower just stopping by to say hi!

    My Follow Friday

    ~Kristin @ Better Read Than Dead

    ReplyDelete
  8. New Follower!
    I love the Mediator series! I think i have read them and all of Meg Cabot's other books about...a million times :D
    Have you read her new book Abandon? It's way different than her others, but still pretty good all the same :P
    Feel free to come over and say hi, i love meeting new peopl!
    Have an awesome weekend,
    Imo :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I couldn't get enough of Meg Cabot and The Mediator series when I was younger!

    New follower :)
    and here's mine:
    http://novelnonsense.blogspot.com/2011/08/follow-friday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I have to get a hold of this Mediator Series, pronto: following from FF: http://fabulosityreads.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. btw, this is such a cool blog. love the medical theme. Fab

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved The Mediator Series! I actually started reading that series around BIRD FlU time! :D Ahaha!

    New follower, btw! http://bookcrookliza.blogspot.com

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't read this series, but it sounds interesting!

    New follower! If you can, please check out my Friday memes at: Pawing Through Books

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hopping through. I've heard so many great things about the Mediator series. I really need to read it.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  15. @ AngelicNytmare
    that's actually another one of her series, it's called 01-800-where-r-u

    it's pretty cool too, I love it

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the Mediator series! Soooo goood! Thanks for hopping by, I'm now following you in return! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Meg Cabot! She is one of my favorite authors! New follower! Happy Friday!

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like you were having a few cheese dreams! I've only just discovered Meg Cabot and turns out my library has all the Mediator books! So I've been planning a week where I just gorge on them, totally looking forward to it now!
    New follower! Feel free to hop by: http://booksforone.blogspot.com/
    x

    ReplyDelete

I love your beautiful face!