Sunday, November 17, 2013

Review: Pivot Point by Kasie West

Title: Pivot Point 
Author: Kasie West
Published February 12th 2013 by HarperTeen
Goodreads | Amazon | The Book Depo
____________________________________________



So right now is Saturday, I have a huge exam on Tuesday, I just spend the whole night reading this book and I do not regret it at all. In fact, I want to re-read it again right now, it was so good.

I kick myself because Pivot Point spend months sitting in my bedside table feeling all lonely, all because of my prejudice against love triangles. But y'all know I absolutely HATE love triangles, so my heart was against liking this even though I LOVE Kasie West and I should've trusted her better.

Her story engaged me from page one, it was so incredibly easy to lost yourself in the story, even though it's all about future choices and paradoxes and it could have turned out to be a big confusing mess but it doesn't because it relies more in what the story itself makes you feel, in making you care for the characters and what happens to them.

So it was very hard for me to read it because I was so invested in what was happening that I could fantom the fact that what I was seeing might not become reality. And my worst nightmare became true.

I know I am not making a lot of sense but it's because this book made me feel so much that my head is still buzzing with energy. It's 2am and I can't sleep because I keep relieving the story and my heart aches and I figured it was good therapy to write my feelings down.

So here I am trying to make sense of what happened to me while I read this book and I can't, I do not know how to put it in words, I just have to tell you I became a mess of emotions and to me, that's the most important thing when I read.

Pivot Point happens to be a win in the parallel world and in the mortal world and in the realm of Young Adult fiction. It's been a while since I read a paranormal book that managed to be so real that you could almost swear it's a contemporary because for once, the story relies on the characters as people instead that on the claimed awesomeness of their powers. Completely captivating and amazing.
 
 

 

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading this too-I think I immediately want to reread it too just to figure out what I had missed out on my first read that ended up being super important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. right?! I am afraid I missed some info but I will re-read it before I read Split Second next year <3

      Delete

I love your beautiful face!