Thursday, November 28, 2013

Review: The Rules of Regret by Megan Squires

Title: The Rules of Regret
Author: Megan Squires
Published October 1st 2013
Goodreads | Amazon | The Book Depository
_______________________________________



The Rules of Regret was definitely a great contemporary read. I haven’t read anything by Megan Squires before but she truly impressed me with her writing. It just seem to had a way to draw you in and hold you until you gave it your whole attention. And it worked; I breezed through the pages until there weren’t any left.

I really liked the whole idea of camp, being outdoors and spending the night under the stars, it’s just all very magical to me, so naturally I was enchanted with the whole adventure Darby and Torin went through while they worked as counselors for a camp for troubled kids.

Both Darby and Torin had suffered through terrible losses. However they had completely different reactions, Torin took the high road and Darby became a mess. I cannot judge any of them, though ‘cause I haven’t been in their place but I definitely loved Torin for being so strong and showing that people can (and do) get over these things.

I did have a hard time understanding Darby and her acts, she was just so messed up and her life had became a lie since her tragedy that I just couldn’t tell what she felt or what she wanted, and I don’t think she knew either. But Torin was fantastic! He is the force that kept me glued to the book, he is really one of the good guys and I might like a bad boy once in a while but the good ones are the ones that really steal y heart.

To finish up I have to clarify that this is the very first New Adult I read that does not revolve around sex. I liked that. I think I loved that. Sexifying your book is not what makes it NA, and this book finally proves it.

1 comment:

I love your beautiful face!