Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Review: Better Off Friends by Elizabeth Eulberg

Title: Better Off Friends
Author: Elizabeth Eulberg
Published February 25th 2014 by Point
Genre: Young Adult Contemporary
Goodreads | Amazon | Book Depository
_________________________________


Better Off Friends is a story about- you guessed it!- best friends that realize maybe they want to be something more. As a fan of this kind of storyline I was thrilled to dive in and read it. I've read this Elizabeth Eulberg before, but not in a long time, so I didn't really remember much about her style.

It ended up being a really cute story, though. Just a little on the juvenile side, but that's okay. I really liked the main characters, Macallan and Levi, their friendship was very cute. I thought it was well developed and in a sense that make you really enjoy having to witness them growing up and becoming better friends with the time that passed.

It was nothing extraordinary but definitely a book that will entertain some girls, especially the younger ones. Possibly also the not-so young ones that love to root for the best friends in a love story.

Oh, and I also liked that Macallan's uncle had mental retardation but he was portrayed as a normal person and not someone ill. It gives the kids a very good message about respect to everyone that is different, cause after all, we are all different.
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Title and Book cover projects the story well

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you didn't really like it. The premise sounds okay. I really enjoy friendship stories so I may look into this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked it, but it wasn't really a mind-blowing book. Just a cute story.

      Delete

I love your beautiful face!