Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Meet Me at Midnight by Jessica Pennington 🌲🌊🏊🏼🏊🏼‍♀️

Meet Me at MidnightMeet Me at Midnight by Jessica Pennington
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The premise of this book is delightful. A prank war going on for the span of eight years that is suddenly ended by a third party who becomes the new enemy and forces the two previous enemies to be allies? Uh yes! Sign me the hell up!

The book is all about summer feelings of invincibility and being young and careless. Both our main characters, Asher and Sidney, are really invested in making each other suffer embarrassment, discomfort and the plain old feeling of loserdom. This is the last summer before college though, the last summer... and things don’t go as planned.

I liked the book. I thought both Asher and Sidney really captured the way teenaged minds work. They were both funny to read and a joy to watch as they slowly come to really know each other finally, after all the years of vacationing together and never really get to.

I am not sure I can pin point the reason I didn’t quite fall in love with the story. Though I did enjoy it, I can’t say it captured me enough to read nonstop, or to make me want to read it again. But that could be me.

So I totally would recommend it if you are in for some light, summery read that will take you back to the days we could still enjoy the outdoors.

Stay safe!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your beautiful face!