Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Review: Tweet Cute by Emma Lord 🐦 💙

Tweet CuteTweet Cute by Emma Lord
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I am a hundred percent aware that the statement I am going to make has never been uttered in my blog or any of my reviews on Goodreads, because this is it:
Tweet Cute is the cutest Young Adult novel I have ever read. The end.

Okay, not the end, I still have a lot to gush about. First of all, in an effort to clarify my previous statement, cute in no way means it is fluffy or superficial. It’s all the opposite, is brilliantly thought-of, gloriously developed, deliciously romantic and mulled over to perfection by its author.

This is the kind of read that gives me faith that the genre is and will forever be vital to literature despite what snobs might say. Because it reminds me that the feelings that make us feel like outsiders in our youth are more universally felt than we sometimes believe.

Both main characters, Pepper with her over-achieving antics and sass; and Jack with his class-clown exterior and overwhelmingly caring interior; are the epitome of teenage endearment. I love each one to pieces and wished for them to realize their worth. The slowly built friendship was a delight, to the point that when things start to grow but them and myself were enormously invested.

And the rest of the characters were also fabulous. I could practically see their family and friends jump out the pages, they were so masterfully written that they added so much depth to an already amazing story.

And their respective restaurants? Good lord, I don’t think a book before this one has managed to get me salivating so much at the description of food. I got quite a few ideas for my own cooking.

All in all I am sure I just stumbled into quite a YA jewel. One that is moving straight to reside in my favorites shelf.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your beautiful face!