Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Thank you, my book.

It's almost thanks giving, and although we should give thanks every day of the year, it's nice to see every one gets to be grateful at the same time once a year.

And of course, book lovers like me are all thankful for the printed word (thanks, Mr. Gutenberg!), and Miss Beth Revis came up with a great way to show our gratitute, just making a post about a book you're grateful for, and in exchange you could win books.

But it's not about the books! it's about saying thanks (:





And I'm most certainly grateful for the Bible, it's the best, most helpful, most amazing book ever written. It is not for nothing that it was the first one to ever be printed, and the best seller ever.

But I'm sure you want to know about the non-holy book I'm most thankful for, and it's not easy to choose but I'd have to go with:


I love this book so much because it taught me so much.
How I should not take people for granted, how I should not take anything for granted- like my vision or my hearing- because someday I might not have them. It taught me that what makes a person's worthness is not their ability to make everything perfect or better than someone else, but their ability to overcome other people's assumptions and their own fear of standing out in life.

I don't know what everyone else thinks of this book (and really, I don't care) but in me, it left a great impression, it's stuck in my head like a catchy song, and I don't wish for it to go away.
I love it and I'm grateful for a character like Piper, who showed me that some girls are not there just to get the guy, but to get the whole world.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I remember seeing this book before it came out, meant to get it, and then never did. I must pick it up!

    ReplyDelete

I love your beautiful face!