Monday, September 23, 2013

Review: Wild Cards by Simone Elkeles

Title: Wild Cards
Author: Simone Elkeles
Expected publication: September 24th 2013 by Walker Books for Young Readers
Goodreads | Amazon
_______________________________

 
 
Aww the joy a perfectly good summer read can bring us is indescribable. Wild Cards is fun and hot and will make you smile. While I accept that it wasn't the deepest, most meaningful novel I've ever read, it did meet my expectations for a good time.
 

I mostly liked Derek better than anything. His outgoing and easy personality combined with charm and good looks is always a winning combo in my opinion. I liked his jokes and his love for his mom and of course his sexy Texan twang can't hurt. However I did find odd that he liked to wear beanies in the summer; no matter how long you've been gone, texans just don't do that. But somehow I don't think that is going to cause major problems in our (fictional) relationship.

There was also the awesome fact that Ashtyn is a football player. Like really, be my best friend, dude (and by dude, I mean dudette) becaause it takes serious ladyballs to get hang around sweaty, pervy football players all day.

People weren't lying when they said this book was reminiscent of Friday Night Lights (best show ever) and that of course plays (ha!) a big part in my strong liking for this book. So if you are a fan of sexy, cute, summery stories then you must try this one out, you won't be dissapointed!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I liked Derek a lot too-I was surprised as I don't tend to like book boys who are players but he really won me over.

    ReplyDelete

I love your beautiful face!