Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday: Red Heads Edition.


WOW is a weekly meme that spotlights our most anticipated reads. It was created by Jill at Breaking The Spine. Thank her there :]


This week I chose to highlight some books I can't absolutely wait any longer for that also feature red-heads in their cover. But why? well, I just saw some gingerbread cookies and got inspired. And I'm also very jealous of red-heads, they got the best hair color ever. Mine is colorless as you can see ): (black is the absence of color, did you know that? ;] )

Well, moving on. I have something for everyone: a dystopian, a paranormal and a contemporary. YES.


Hollow by Richard Denney

Welcome to the house of Hollow.
In a dystopian future, sixteen year old Leah Munro has been sold to a rich woman in a crippling mansion. Soon Leah discovers that there is something mysterious going on around the home, and with the help of three other girls, she attempts to uncover what is truly happening... what lies beyond all of the plexiglass windows and the hideous screams in the middle of the night? Leah will soon find out. The first in a two book series



Add on Goodreads




Night School by Christi Daugherty
Sometimes school is murder.

Allie Sheridan's world is falling apart. She hates her school. Her brother has run away from home. And she's just been arrested.

Again.

This time her parents have finally had enough. They cut her off from her friends and send her away to a boarding school for problem teenagers.

But Cimmeria Academy is no ordinary school. Its rules are strangely archaic. It allows no computers or phones. Its students are an odd mixture of the gifted, the tough and the privileged. And then there's the secretive Night School, whose activities other students are forbidden even to watch.

When Allie is attacked one night the incident sets off a chain of events leading to the violent death of a girl at the summer ball. As the school begins to seem like a very dangerous place, Allie must learn who she can trust. And what's really going on at Cimmeria Academy

Add on Goodreads



Welcome Caller this is Chloe by Shelley Coriell

Big-hearted Chloe Camden is the queen of her universe until her best friend shreds her reputation and her school counselor axes her junior independent study project. Chloe is forced to take on a meaningful project in order to pass, and so she joins her school’s struggling radio station, where the other students don’t find her too queenly. Ostracized by her former BFs and struggling with her beloved Grams’s mental deterioration, lonely Chloe ends up hosting a call-in show that gets the station much-needed publicity and, in the end, trouble. She also befriends radio techie and loner Duncan Moore, a quiet soul with a romantic heart. On and off the air, Chloe faces her loneliness and helps others find the fun and joy in everyday life. Readers will fall in love with Chloe as she falls in love with the radio station and the misfits who call it home.
Add on Goodreads




Now we wait.

17 comments:

  1. All these sounds like awesome books now they are on my TBR list

    ReplyDelete
  2. Night School sounds very good! I like it a lot! I like the cover of Hollow. Welcome Caller this is Chloe looks cute! Great choices! Thank you for sharing! (Excellent edition your doing this week)

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome picks. Hollow looks really good. =] Added it to my goodreads. Also I am a new follower. =]
    Here is My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Night School sounds great! It looks so good, I love how red the hair of the girl in the cover is.

    Check out my WoW picks for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all three! Seriously, I'm going to add them all to my wishlist, thanks for recommending them! Hollow and Night School are my favourites, they sound very interesting! And gorgeous covers too!

    My pick this week
    Vicky
    Books, Biscuits & Tea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks! I did three picks this week too! Also I love your meme pic! It is awesome!!!!

    Visit my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, I love you for picking these, mainly because I have an obsession with red hair too. It all started with Ariel from The Little Mermaid. I especially love the hair of the girl posing for Hollow!

    Have an amazing reading week!

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These all look like great reads! I've added them to my wishlist too.
    My WoW today is SHADOW'S EDGE.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the red head theme today. I haven't heard of any of these before. Thanks for sharing.

    Sandra
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Night School sounds really awesome! I also had Hollow as a WoW a few weeks ago! :)

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooo...lots of good choices this week! I've never heard of Night School before, and it sounds like something I'd definitely love! I'm adding it to my TBR list! Thanks for the suggestion!

    Courtney @ Fuzzy.Coffee.Books <---my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They sound like great reads, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/12/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, they all sounds really great! Nice picks! I'll have to check them out!
    Em
    My WOW
    A Beautiful Madness

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm really excited for Night School! It sounds so good.

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  15. ooh, I LOVE this sound of Hollow and Night Scool great choices! New Follower! :)

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear!! great picks! I cant wait to read these books!! thns for stopping by my wow! muah!! ^.^

    Dazzling Reads

    ReplyDelete

I love your beautiful face!