Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday: Dear Life, You Suck by Scott Blagden

WoW is weekly meme created by Jill at Breaking The Spine in which bloggers can share books they're excited to get soon :)
 
 
 
DEAR LIFE, YOU SUCK
by Scott Blagden
 
 
“The shrinkadinks think I have a screw loose. Ain’t playing with a full deck. Whacked-out wiring. Missing marbles.”

Irreverent, foulmouthed seventeen-year-old Cricket is the oldest ward in a Catholic boys’ home in Maine—and his life sucks. With prospects for the future that range from professional fighter to professional drug dealer, he seems doomed to a life of “criminal rapscallinity.” In fact, things look so bleak that Cricket can’t help but wonder if his best option is one final cliff dive into the great unknown. But then Wynona Bidaban steps into his world, and Cricket slowly realizes that maybe, just maybe, life doesn’t totally suck.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
There are just a few YA books with a male POV coming out each year,
so when you see one you take it by the horns and make it surrender itself to the register,
because you're gonna buy the guts out of that sucker.
And if said book is also a CONTEMPORARY and sounds AS GOOD AS WHITNEY HOUSTON, then you just hang out outside the bookstore like a hobo until they get their copies.
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. Love the blunt and to the point title and cover-they work really well together. Hope the content lives up to the promise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I want this one to NOT-suck soo much! *bites nails*

      Delete
  2. I love the premise of this book. It just looks so amazing. I also hope it doesn't suck. Great pick.

    Here's mine

    ~Danica Page
    Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this last time, but I just scanned the synopsis. Didnt realize that the main character was a guy. Now I totally want to add this to my TBR!! :))

    What I'm Waiting for this Wednesday
    Cover Love Mondays
    Review: Pushing the Limits

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL@ that title. I like it. Very direct. Thanks so much for sharing :)


    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick! I hadn't heard of this one, but it sounds like something I would enjoy!
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. If the book is anything like the synopsis, then this book is going to be fantastic. Thanks for the introduction!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love books from a male POV. I have this on my tbr and I can't wait to read it.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I hope you all like it too. I promise it doesn't SUCK! It OFFENDS, but it doesn't suck. You can read some pre-pub jacket blurbs from a few of my favorite authors at http://scottblagden.com/reviews/

    Thanks for the mention, Melannie!

    All my best,

    Scott Blagden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming over, Scott. I'm reading the blurbs right now, I love Deb Caletti, I'll take her word :)

      Delete

I love your beautiful face!