Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday : Thou Shalt Not Road Trip

weekly meme hosted by Jill @ Breaking The Spine

This week's pick is from an author whose first book I completely and utterly LOVED and enjoyed.
A little book called Five Flavours Of Dumb (I have reviewed it in the past, but I haven't post it here I promise to do it soon!)

Thou Shalt Not Road Trip by Antony John


When sixteen-year-old Luke's book, Hallelujah, becomes a national best seller, his publisher sends him on a cross-country tour with his unpredictable older brother, Matt, as chauffeur. But when Matt offers to drive Luke's ex-crush, Fran, across the country too, things get a little crazy. Luke thinks he's enlightened, but he really needs to loosen up if he's going to discover what it truly means to have faith, and do what it takes to get the girl he loves.
______________________________

I'm gonna make a list of the things I love about this short summary:
  1. Dude's POV
  2. Sixteen year old writer getting published
  3. Brother's relationship (I feel like there are sisters in every YA book, it's not often you see brothers)
  4. An ex-crush adding awkwardness
  5. Amazing cover! -aren't those pics of the brothers like, the cutest part of it?-.
  6. ROAD friggin' TRIP!

What I don't understand is why, WHYYYY do I have to wait until April 12th, 2012!?!?!?!?!
IT'S NOT FAAAAAAAAAAAAIR!!!!!!!!!! T_T

1 comment:

  1. 100% agree with your list about why this book would be totally awesome. Cannot beat a great road trip story!

    ReplyDelete

I love your beautiful face!