Friday, September 30, 2011

Review: Forgotten by Cat Patrick

Title: Forgotten
Author: Cat Patrick
Paperback
Published June 6th 2011 by Listening Library
_____________________
this book had all the things I like:


Romance: the romance in this book is to die for!, kinda like in the movie 50 first dates that Adam Sandler makes Drew Barrimore fall in love with him all over again every day, Luke does the same with
London.
She doesn't remember him after 4:33 in the morning, so he must use all his charms to make her fall for him again.
I loved how Luke never give up on her, I mean can you imagine the herculean task of making someone fall for you every day? but he looved her so much, so he did that and MORE even when she literally forgot all about him.

PS. Their first date is to die for! I was all sighs and 'awww's while reading it.


Mystery: Just when you think you've figured everything out, new information is revealed and your jaw hits the floor and then you have to get a chin implant.
I loved that the story got unraveled precisely and at the end all the pices clicked, 'cause there was so much story behind London's "condition" than what you imagine from the first pages.


Awesome characters: First there's London, who forgets everything that happened to her that day when she goes to sleep, at exactly 4:33 in the morning, her memory is whiped clean, and not only that; she also remembers everything that's gonna happen to her, that's right: the future!
So when she can't seem to remember Luke, the hot new guy in school, she figures there's no point in getting to know him if he's not gonna be in her future,
but ohhh London how wrong you were! *wink* *wink
*

And then there's Luke, who is one of the most amazing YA guys on my list. He's incredible and I'm not gonna try to put into words how awesome he is
so I'll stop here.


If you're still wondering if you should go out and
buy this book, I'll tell you my personal experience with it


So, My family and I decided to go

shopping and I have the book sitting on my bedside table,
it's 8:00 in the morning and I decide to give it a try while everyone gets ready, but oh surprise the book is so good I can't stop reading,

I read until they're ready, I read in the 1-hour trip to the outlet, I read while inside the shops, I read while walking and almost got run over by an SUV, driver doesn't get mad but my mom almost lost it and sends me to wait in the car (without the car keys so I can't turn on the a/c) so I wait 2 hours in the
Texas heat inside a car, I'm sweating like a pig but I'm happy 'cause this book is awesomeness.
And yeah I finished the book that day.
And of course I didn't buy anything, but it doesn't matter, this book is so good I've forgotten all about shopping :D

________

PS. This becoming a movie! With Hailee Steinfeld as London!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your beautiful face!